20 July 2007

CHAPTER 3

Dear Takeshi,
Hi, I am really very surprised to receive your letter..... This was something beyond my imaginations. I never knew that all along, you had liked me. Till now, I still cannot believe it. It all seemed just like a dream....

For so many years, I thought I was the one missing you, when you never knew my existence... But to know that someone whom I had loved deeply feels the same way towards me, I am really happy..... All these years, I have always wondered if I had not met you that time, would I still be the old me, who knows nothing about love? I do think so, for you are the one who taught me how to love.

Till now, I never forget anything about you...... the chance encounters that we had, the things that I had done for you secretly.... insignificant things, yet important things to me. Tell you something, actually, all these years, I have also been going back to our ex- school, hoping to see you..... But I never had a chance to see you there..... I always left in disappointment, in sorrow, and almost in tears, for I really missed you very much.
But now that I knew about your feelings, everything is worth it. I have never been so happy before in my life. Thank you for loving me...... for I really love you..... But, we can never be together......

I love you, very much.... that's why I cannot be with you. To begin a relationship with you means that it will end someday, but because I love you too much, I don't ever want to say goodbye to you..... I don't have much time..... I am leaving soon..... So, instead of having to start and end a relationship, if we never ever started, then we will be together forever.......
To know that you love me is already enough, thank you......
I love you........


CHAPTER 4

After that very letter, they never kept contact anymore.....

"Dear Mr. Itsuki,

During our analysis, we have found out that your bone marrow matches with one of our patients. We sincerely hope that you are willing to donate part of your bone marrow in order to save the patient.
Kindly contact us as soon as possible so that we can prepare you for the operation as soon as possible.
Please help this patient. Thank you very much.

Director
Ryonan Hospital,


“Thank you so much for donating your bone marrow. We assure you that the operation is a short and safe one. All we need to do is to extract a portion of your bone marrow and inject it into the patient. This will save the patient's life. Thank you so much, Mr. Itsuki...... By the way, do you want to know some details about the patient whom you are helping? "

“It’s ok, after all, I am just doing my part. I don't need others' gratitude......."

“You are such a kind person, Mr. Itsuki.... Heaven would bless you forever......"

"If only....." he looks up at the sky with a sad face, "then I would never have known such great sorrow......"

What might she be doing now? Has she left? Where has she gone to? He thought to himself. Even though they never kept contact anymore after her only letter, he still remembered her, clearly and painfully. A woman whom he loved and who loved him so deeply too. Though he was devastated to be rejected by him, but he could not blame her too..... How could he? When she herself must be feeling so painful too.... to love someone and yet not be together. It was something which could not be explained easily.

Maybe, he thought to himself.... maybe someday we will meet again...... maybe if we were meant to be, we will be together somehow, no matter what, no matter when......

Silently, he whispered,

I love you...... as if she was standing next to him......


No comments: