24 July 2007

FINAL CHAPTER

It has been a few days since she saw him. After that very day, he did not look her up anymore. Though she could not explain, but his disappearance made her heart felt empty. But, she simply dismissed the thoughts away. She went back to college to continue her studies. This was an important year for her. If she could do well, then she would be able to go on to University. She hoped to go to TokyoUniversity, it was her dream, to study at the prestigious TokyoUniversity.


That day as she was coming back from school, her mother passed her a letter. The letter felt hard and heavy, as if there was more than a letter in it. She looked at her mother,

"It's from Takeshi. He came over just now and asked me to pass this to you."

Kotoko nodded her head and went to her bedroom. Inside there, she opened the envelope. There was a letter and a cd inside it. She took the letter out and read it...............

To my dearest Kotoko,

I hope everything is fine with you these days, without my existence. That day after I left you, I thought a lot, really a lot. I am sorry, sorry for forcing you to recall things which you cannot remember, sorry for insisting you to remember who I am.

Maybe there are things in life which don't offer a second chance. Perhaps, it was all fated that you should forget me, for it was my cowardice which made me lost a chance to love you, to let you be mine. Perhaps if this is so, there is no point for my insistence. All these while, I really thought a lot. Maybe, you will be happier without my existence, without someone consistently trying to force you do things which you don't wish to.

In the end, I have come upon a decision. It is probably the best solution, for both you and me. A chance for the both of us to have a new life, to start afresh. I have accepted an invitation from the University of Berkeley to study there as an exchange student. Maybe this would be better for the both of us......... In this way, you do not need to worry or be unhappy anymore. As for me, I will do my best there.

I will be leaving Japan tommorow. I really hope to see you there in the airport to send me off, but I am afraid I cannot bear to leave you...... Very contradicting, right? Lastly, I have included a cd in this letter. I hope you will take some time to listen to the cd, for it speaks what I want to tell you, but cannot. Maybe, I will return someday, but I really hope by then, we can at least be friends...........

Love Forever,
Takeshi

**She played the CD and an excerpt of a song cause her to tear.........

Today came with shattered dreams, everything's not what it seems
Don't think death won't come get you, cause it will life's misconstrued
Though my battle's just begun, I'm dropping arms and going to run
I can't wait to see the day, when these painful tears all go
away....


"Are you going to send Takeshi off today? He's leaving in another three hours' time. "

"No......... I am not going......... I can't face him. I am not worthy of his love............."

She could still vividly remember the lyrics of the song he sent her, the song which represented his feelings.........

" around this time tomorrow........ I will be crying...... I will be thinking about you........ You will always be inside my heart.......... because there will always be only you in my heart..................."

She tried to brush the thoughts away, but found she could not. She just could not forget what he wrote........ why did he loved her so deeply, and why could she not remember a single thing about him?

" even if in the future you love someone again............ I'll remember to love, you taught me how..........you are always going to be the one................"

Why was it that he could only love her.................

As she was walking towards the lecture hall, she saw something which made her froze. It was a scene she had saw years ago.......... a person coming out of the classroom in a deep conversation with the teacher, with a serious frown on his face............ She remembered everything............. She remembered it now....................

Instantly, she looked at her watch. It was already one....... His flight was at one thirty......... Without a word, she gave her friend her textbooks and ran off, leaving her friend after her. She had to get there..... get there before he leaves her again. Her legs were giving way soon, but she continued to run. She ran with all her might, she could not stop, she could not, or she would lose him again, maybe forever............. Kotoko just simply ran and ran................ Finally, she reached the airport. It was already one twenty-five. She looked around the airport frantically, trying to search for him. Finally, she saw him, standing there alone at the entrance waiting to check in.

"Takeshi............"

She shouted. It was the first time she had called his name aloud.

He thought he heard someone calling his name. Turning around, he saw her. She had come afterall, to send him. Maybe, maybe this would be the last time he would be seeing her. He smiled sadly at her as she stood there looking at him. He gave her a wave and turned his back, ready to check in. At that moment, Kotoko ran and hugged Takeshi from the back. He was overwhelmed and shocked. Before he could speak, Kotoko continued on.

"I remembered.......... everything...........

I love you, very much.... that's why...... I cannot be with you. To begin a relationship with you means that it will end someday, but because....... I love you too much, I don't ever want to say goodbye to you..... I don't have much time..... I am leaving soon..... So, instead of having to start and end a relationship, if we never ever started, then we will be together forever .......

I finally remembered you..... Takeshi.........."

His eyes were blurred by the tears as he turned and looked at her.

There were tears in her eyes too as she looked back at him lovingly.

Everything was beyond words now, as they hugged each other dearly and tightly.

**But Takeshi decided to keep quiet.. he loosen his grip n just went away.. w/o muttering a single word..

running through his mind: I cannot be with you. To begin a relationship with you means that it will end someday..




*THE END*

BAD ENDING I NOE!..

T_T

No comments: